Thursday, August 12, 2010

Doing Them Drills

I was doing swim drills tonight, and focused more of my sense of the water. It is funny how something so subtle and soft like water can pose great resistance when you push hard through it. I did the usual sets: kicking, bilateral breathing, catch-up drills, and side kick drills. I had difficulty staying afloat on my side, and drank some chlorinated water but made it.


I will be reading my new book, probably the largest magic book ever published: Magic 1400s-1950s. The book, written by four co-authors, costs a whopping US$200 and I assure you I will lay it open on my bed to read. It is the size of a small coffee table (19.8 x 12.8 x 3.1 inches), and weighing a whopping 16.7 pounds! It contains mostly reprints of old posters and playbills.
I will be running the Olympic Flame Torch Relay in about five hours’ time…I will be decked in orange shorts and tee-shirt and doing the Jurong West Avenue 1 route. To me, it is still the Olympics and the closest grand event outside of officiating a sport competition for now.

No comments: