Thursday, June 9, 2011

Currency But Not Current

This evening, after dinner I decided to go for a stroll. I took a wrong turn and ended up at a supermarket instead of the mall. A pedestrian gave me wrong directions; perhaps she misunderstood me, or my language and accent (or relative lack of it). Instead of sighing away in annoyance (with myself), I decided to take a browse and buy a box of masala (spiced) tea.

When I got to my wallet at check-out, I realised to my horror that I did not have the correct currency. It looked similar but was not exact. A kind lady shopper offered to assist, including exchanging currency with me. I declined politely and opted to buy the box of tea with whatever amount I had in my wallet, and returned my muffins and the other box of organic tea.

Currency is used for transactions; it is a medium that facilitates exchanges. How energy flows from one person to another is described as dynamics. There is dynamic energy instead of passive energy when you engage in discourse and conversation. When you have rapport, your energy and exchanges become automatic and intuitive. 

How do you keep current with news, technology and relationships? Which kinds of transactions have you made recently? How fast do you keep up with progress and changes?

No comments: