Friday, October 22, 2010

Pilot Runs and Flying Solo

Today, I ran a one-day trial program for a corporate client. It is a precursor to the pilot run of a series of leadership workshops. The pilot is the inaugural event before the series is rolled out. It is an opportunity to showcase the complete program and tweak it further should concerns emerge at this virgin attempt. I flew solo, and lead the agenda of activities and learning from start to end. It went reasonably well and looks set to go as planned. Seatbelt fastened, seat in the upright position, and ready for take-off!

I passed over the chance to do the TNF100K Endurance Run Solo. I am impressed and pleased for Terence Ng of Crazy2Tri who completed his first TNF100K Duo. The North Face 100K Duo takes place over a 10K circuit cross-country track at MacRitchie Reservoir – a man-made catchment area for rainwater. His personal journey through the ‘rough’ is well chronicled. Enjoy the read!

Tonight, I ran a leisurely, barefoot 11K on VFF and a gnarled little toe (my failure to fit all toes snugly into the pockets). The PSI of 76-80 indicated a safer haze, and better air quality to go out. Having run yesterday, I decided to exercise both my body and options. It was a slower pace than normal, i.e. 5:50 pace instead of my normal sub-5 minute surge. Tomorrow should be interesting: I hope to do a long ride of at least 100K and brave the suspect air quality. I will brace myself for contingencies and exigencies. Better to play it safe, since I am flying solo. It is interesting to note that climatic dramas like these are occurring six weeks out to IMWA. Life goes on!

No comments: