Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday’s Musings

I was watching an episode of the original 1970’s (actually 1968-1980) series of ‘Hawaii Five-O’ where Steve McGarett utters, ‘Every man’s death diminishes me, for I am involved in mankind.’ The late-Jack Lord was the leader of the police squad on the Big Island, home of the Ironman World Championships for the last 30 years. The Kona Lottery closes on 28 February.
Onboard the Airport Express service en-route to my hotel: Wearing my Ironman NZ team t-shirt, I am reminded of a need to taper correctly. Coach sent me my second-last weekly program which involves less mileage, however with just as much intensity to keep my system alert for next weekend’s race.
David Chambers rode 200K a few ago, and faced one of the many unpredictable and prevalent sandstorms. Even Tom Cruise had to endure this as part of his filming challenges on Mission Impossible.

All the best to Team IM Melbourne in the inaugural race in late-March! It will be a busy month of the new year with the 226K triathlon challenge. Have a great week, all!

No comments: