Influence is an essential aspect of leadership. We lead in our communication, arguments, ideas, decisions, creativity, and actions.
Here are some ways to enhance your influence on others:
1) Be assertive: say what you feel, speak your mind, and express your concerns.
2) Demonstrate your competencies, and apply them.
3) Use well-formed language, and words with semantic density.
4) Lead by example: walk your talk.
5) Take on challenges; do something different or hard.
6) Work on your presentation skills (think like Steve Jobs).
7) Solve a problem, and propose at least three solutions.
8) Develop mastery in one area of your expertise (it can be a hobby or discipline).
9) Teach, coach or mentor others.
10) Live with values that others can connect with.