Sunday, October 3, 2010

Stuck in Traffic

Guess what? I was stuck in a four-hour traffic jam in London and was stranded. I have a confirmed flight, but hope to get an earlier flight by getting ahead in the wait-list. It has been an emotionally draining event last night, however many things were beyond our control.


The past week has been an abject lesson in patience and managing changes for me. Resilience was the major value I drew strength from, as it is about bouncing back into normalcy. It is so easy to succumb to abnormal reactions and behaviors. Emotions are inversely proportional to rational thinking.


Next week is Kona - the holy grail event of long-distance triathlon; like the Boston Marathon I was gunning a slot for last Sunday. The exclusiveness by entry-only makes the races attractive, and a dream for many. One can only review one's priorities, dreams, goals, strategies and abilities to engage this exclusive status. I would love a silver Ironman decal on my bike one day, or the tee-shirt that screams Boston Marathon. An improvement of 17 minutes versus four hours stuck in a massive road drag puts things in perspective. Which one offers the most room for improvement and progress?


Can't wait to begin my IMWA training: I want to ride and swim badly. Anyone want to help me with retrieving my Real Run race-kit?

No comments: