Saturday, October 27, 2012

If You Can't Find A Way, Make Your Way!


Q. What are the eligibility requirements for the 2013 IRONMAN Legacy Program?

To enroll athletes must meet all four of the following requirements*:

1.       Athlete must have completed a minimum of twelve (12) full-distance IRONMAN-branded** races (includes existing and past events) by December 31, 2012.
2.       Athlete has never participated in the IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawai’i.
3.       Athlete must have completed at least one full-distance IRONMAN event in 2011 and 2012.
4.       Athlete must be registered for a full-distance IRONMAN event in 2013.

*Legacy athletes will be required to submit their information during online registration.
**2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike, 26.2-mile run.

That's the plan, man. I have met all four requirements. Having audited my list of races completed over the years 2006-2012, I found I have completed 13 M-Dot branded Ironman triathlons, and one non-M-Dot Ironman (Vineman). My next race in March in New Zealand, will be my 15th attempt at the 226K-triathlon. Hopefully, the new Legacy Lottery gives me a better chance than the General Lottery, and qualification by podium finish. I am pleased that Clifford Lee was the first Singaporean to benefit from this process, and he successfully achieved his dream in Kona in the Ironman World Championships.

No comments: