Thursday, January 27, 2011

Running Out of Ideas?

Can we ever run out of ideas? That is akin to your brain running on fumes, bonking on blankness. Is it possible to be bereft of an idea?

Ever had a runaway idea? What did you do with it? Did you build on that idea? Have you ever sprinted towards a possibility?

Every product (widget, gadget and budget), service, book, and sentence sprouted from an idea. An idea is a seed. It may contain an embryo of another idea. Ideas are abstracts. They have no real form until they are realized as a something concrete. Concrete is reinforced cement; it was born of a basic idea.

An idea can become a goal. It can incubate or fester into an achievement and accomplishment. Start small and slow, and build up to an experience and milestone. The run-up to a race is paved with many foot-steps.

As you may have noticed, today’s piece was analogous to running. I was out for an easy 11K run and am still stoked from the fact I had a low heart rate. Last night, I ran for an hour with my Vibrams Bikila and I liked the fact that my soles are able to take a harder pounding, although I am stepping close to the ground. I am tempted to get a pair of Newton Gravity running shoes as I feel I am ready for unsupported shoes. I am three weeks out to the Hong Kong Marathon and I am looking forward to the challenging, hilly course. I will also be riding in Desaru on Sunday – my first ride since a year ago.

No comments: