Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolute Resolutions: Keeping Clear Orientations of Outcomes

2 January 2011, Sunday.

Day 2 of this brand-new year; I slept in a little and missed my personal start-off time for my first bike ride of the year. I, eventually, rode easy (with many others who may be working off the post-New Year feasting guilt) for about two hours; head-winds were committed to motivate me to work harder than I intended though. Yesterday morning, I did a swim-run brick session with friends from Triathlon Family and that I enjoyed that. Tomorrow, I take the plunge into an area of weakness and immerse myself in new discovery and adventure.

Mel, finally, worked out the kinks in our home wireless system. We got a new modem-router and configured/reconfigured (took many attempts) before we got lift-off. I am, now, happily uploading applications for my iPad – my new tool for business presentations. It is high time I fully integrated and applied my working knowledge of Social Media 2.0.

2011 will be a year of business expansion, active collaboration, and purposeful charity work. I will spend most of this week meeting existing business associates, new project partners, and interns (a form of mentoring for new entrants to the working world). For my personal development, I will be focused on enhancing my business acumen, active networking, developing my market niche and personal mastery. My three key orientations, that focuses on IQ, EQ and AQ will be:

1)    Head (learn and lead with purpose; develop skills of distinction and signature moves)
2)    Heart (be more people-orientated; fully engage and be engaged with others; really connect on a physical and emotional level)
3)    Hands (develop a stronger sense of charity and altruism; learn new skills using my hands)

What will be your mental orientations? What will you be doing to develop your sense of purpose? How will you connect with your colleagues, business partners, customers and family?

No comments: