Thursday, November 11, 2010

Going For Gargantuan Goals

Work At Home Joe suggested that we write down, each day, our 3-5 important accomplishments to stay focused on them. For me, today they were:

1)    Swim drills at noon (despite the drizzle)
2)    Get fitted for my new bike
3)    Decide on components for my new, permanent bike
4)    Ask questions of experts (Coach Wilson, a 3-time finisher for X-Terra, Ironman/70.3 World Championships; bike-fitters Daphne Wee and Adeline Khoo)
5)    Test-drive my new stead

All five goals were completed. This was for Tuesday. Having incurred a wrist injury yesterday while riding, I will make new goals with healing as my priority. I was amazed I endured another two hours on my bike – the customized fitting allowed me to do it – before I headed home. Two brushes with rain was enough simulation for race-day exigencies.

Here is a good interview of M Rameshon – undisputedly, Singapore’s fastest marathoner – with Ashley Liew, an elite triathlete and marathoner who intends to crack the 2:40 mark for the 42.195K. Enjoy!

No comments: