Thursday, June 4, 2009

Suffering from Writer’s Blog?

My readers have enquired how I can write so much, and so often on this blog? I never really thought about it. In 2003, for 30 consecutive weeks I researched, edited, wrote and e-mailed weekly issues of my e-zine called The Inner Pilot. My friends, students and associates still ask what became of it.

Which returns us to the questions: Why write? Perhaps, it was because I was taught: ‘If you have something important to say, then say it.’

In the film Finding Forrester, I was inspired by what the mentor said: ‘First, write with your heart. Then, with your head.’

It doesn’t matter if you write one sentence, or a paragraph. Stephen King wrote in On Writing: ‘Put yourself in a room, without any distractions, and write. It doesn’t matter if it is one sentence. Just write.’ Write what you feel. Write what you think. My good friend, author Lewis Jones taught me: Get to the point soon.

By the way, marketing guru Seth Godin (author of The Dip & Permission Marketing) updates his blog once a day, almost without fail. His posts are succinct and concise. My friend, Michael Hartley-Robinson taught me: Write less. Communicate more.

Are you ready to write?

No comments: