Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stepping Into History


I captured a few pictures from my recent trip to Xi’An, PRC. Certainly, I had to make a trip to the Eighth Wonder of the Ancient World. Here were a few pictures that made it all worth it.






It takes about 45 minutes to travel from the inner gate, from the city to the site. You will witness many walls within Xi'An city. The whole, self-guided tour, for the Terracotta Museum takes about one hour. As it is a popular tourism spot, expect huge crowds to jockey with your for the best photographic positions. It takes about 30 minutes to walk from the entrance to the 3 pits, however you do get to shop or get a meal. A tram ride is available, however it enjoys long queues so I walked. Do get on a guided tour; my tour-guide was very knowledgeable and she spoke very good English. I also got to practise my advanced Mandarin with her; in fact, she spoke mainly Putonghua with me.

No comments: