Monday, December 28, 2009

Random Rants and Raves

Doesn’t an alliterative title catch your attention? It is like making my mark.

This morning, my legs are heavy and mildly sore. That is the consequence of running a marathon, and more. I ran 52.5km yesterday on uneven and hard terrain as part of my preparation for Ironman New Zealand 2010 – so, the cat is out of the bag! This will be my last longest run for my run preparation, then lots of tempo and interval training. A heavy menu of swim and fast riding will begin this week as I intend to reduce my weaknesses and deficits. , Due to my involvement in the Singapore Youth Olympic Games (SYOG),I will then spend the latter part of my year focused on marathons in 2010.

It is almost the end of the year, and I have been consistent in making at least one blog post a day since May. I wrote that I would take up Seth Godin’s challenge of one blog a day, for the next three years. Eight months, and going strong! In that of months, I have learnt and appreciated the relevance of Social Media 2.0. Let me know what you would like to read. I have two more fascinating interviews to post in the weeks to come, and I appreciate your patience, as these are busy executives to woo and pursue. The best things in life come to those who wait?

Writing has been an edifying experience – maintaining this blog, and completing the 30-day, NanoWriMo challenge have revived that feel. Expressing your thoughts on public forums like a blog or on Facebook or Twitter can be quite soul baring. Eyeball traffic can lead to responses that you do not expect – albeit mostly pleasant ones. It keeps writers mindful, sensitive and responsible for their thoughts. Thank you readers for writing in and participating in our tribal dialogue!

I will spend the next few days finishing up my business plan for the next two years. It will, of course, accommodate my strange nomadic and active lifestyle. There are a few things I hope to tick off my ‘To-Do’ list – participating in exclusive events being one of them. I have drawn up a massive mind map to give me my Big Picture – I have found that these dream and strategy maps give me better focus, purpose and sense of direction. I do alter my plans based on this template, and my priorities.

Enjoy your year-end break. Swim, ride and run – or do something active today!

No comments: