1) You enjoy Lycra/Spandex as a fabric more than cotton.
2) Your wardrobe consists mainly of race-tees.
3) You wear out running shoes at the rate of one pair a month.
4) You have at least five pairs of running shoes.
5) You have 10 pairs of Oakley sunshades.
6) Your watch measures everything except the time.
7) You have more wristbands than Queen Cleopatra.
8) You treat Carbo Parties as an excuse to over-eat.
9) Buffets are part of your active recovery methods.
10) You are attracted to bike-porn.
11) You are a quasi-bike mechanic.
12) You quaff down energy gels as easily as Red Bulls.
13) You have blackened toenails.
14)You have personally removed a toenail.
15) You surf YouTube for rare videos of the Scott/Allen Kona showdowns.
16) You check online results excitedly immediately after the race.
17) You get upset when timing chips fail to register your timing.
18) You get excited with race merchandise.
19) Race expositions are Disneyland to you.
20) Please add to this list.
While preparing for your MR25 ultra-marathon on 26 December, read this post by Andy Bowen of Noosa, Queensland – hometown of Macca.
While we are on the same topic, how do you know you are an ultra-marathoner?