Sunday, December 19, 2010

Alternatives For Alternate Outcomes

Sadly, I did not meet the online dateline for the MR25 Ultramarathon, to be held on Boxing Day. It used to be an on-the-spot morning-itself, registration. This year, participants enjoy a race-kit prior to the event itself. The minimum requirement for earning a Finisher’s t-shirt was five loops for a total of 52.5K.

As such, I have made alternate plans. I intend to ride 140K with Hui Koon and company, on Christmas morning. This will help me draw upon my festive reserves for the eve dinner, and proceeding dinner. For Boxing Day, I may go for a solo long run, or with others. Or, I could go along for the run, in my own time with my own nutritional support. Free country, isn’t it?

Do you make alternate plans? How many options do you offer yourself for a strategic plan? What do you do when plans do not go your way? How creative do you get when you deviate from your intended plan?
*****
Off to Shanghai later today, and I will plough through my options in the light snowy conditions. I will be spending three days with about 30 corporate leaders.

No comments: