Thursday, December 30, 2010

Amazon, You Got To Be Kidding!

I was intending to buy a copy of Tron (1982 version) either on DVD or VHS format. Yes, I do have a highly used videocassette recorder/player! Yipes! Amazon.com is selling remaining fresh sets from US$125-$200. Too rich for my taste, and twice as ridiculous! I will attribute it to the sequel Tron Legacy that strongly sustains the cult status of the CGI-deficient prequel made almost 28 years ago. I’ve decided to spend that potential amount on several box set DVD TV series, to be decided shortly, when I click on my shopping cart.
I received an iPad from my dearest, on my birthday. This came as a shock as I was still lightly deliberating it with a Macbook. So far so good as I have downloaded some of my preferred songs and TED presentations, and enjoying them! Still haven’t got to activate my Internet connection though, as I am still figuring out the settings. I am tempted to pretend it is a mobile phone by talking into it in public, although she has forbade me to play the fool. Who knows? For a dare, I just might (not on my to-do list, yet).

I was pleasantly surprised that fellow bloggers, Matt Wong and John Cooke wrote their Bucket List. I was reminded of this infrequent practice from Phil Khoegan – host of The Amazing Race from his book, NOW – No Opportunity Wasted. My last list was about two years ago; my first was in 1995. Much has been fulfilled and accomplished since then. It is rewarding to review and renew the list. Like John wrote, it is a map and a plan for action. Decide on an Ironman race, sign up, make race preparations, train, race, and celebrate – a standard process for accomplishing the 226-kilometre triathlon. John, who earned a PB (11:37, and PBs in all three disciplines) at IMWA 2010, earned a slot for IMWA 2011 during the four-hour online registration. We will race together in Ironman Lanzarote in May.

What were the worst fitness trends of 2010? Believe it or not, some are trends that may not survive the next 365 days of 2011.

Are you thinking of recycling your old shoes? Here are some useful ideas.

No comments: