Wednesday, December 8, 2010

DNF Not in My DNA

Hello, Everybody!

I trust that you are well. I have not posted because I raced Ironman Western Australia over the weekend. Contrary to belief of the Digital Domain, I did safely completed the race although not in glorious timing. The 5 December race - my second time in Busselton, Perth in four years - marks my tenth Ironman. Yes, it is the Big 1-0! It took five years to accomplish - what was I thinking of?!

I also did not post because I was busy collecting my thoughts and observations. More reports will follow the next few days; my personal game of catching and catch-up. A major shout out to my mates for joining me: John Cooke, Hui Koon, Charles Teng, Raynette, Victor Chan, Poon, Mika Kume, Mano, Derrick, and most of all - my Coach and business associate - Craig 'Fox' Holland. Fox did a 10:15 in the 45-49 age group. Well done, mate! After 2005, I hope you get another Kona slot in China next year.

I like to congratulate all first-timers to Ironman triathlon! Welcome to the small Club, but it is our universe to enjoy exclusively and privately. Swim 3.8K, ride 180K, and run the Marathon - Brag for the rest of your life! Rest well, nourish your bodies, relax your sore muscles and rejoice in a physically and mentally tough day. You deserve it! Welcome to the Family!

No comments: