Friday, June 11, 2010

Taking A Time Out To Tease Out Thoughts

I am now in Bali, having a short vacation. I measured my swim fitness and it is poor (by triathlon standards); however, my core stability is commendable. I did a bodyfat test (using electrical impedence) and recorded under-12 percent with a bodyweight of about 79kg. My extra bodyweight would, hopefully, spell more power as I resumed my cycling program recently.

I have been reading a lot on ultra-marathoners and its history is rich with courageous athletes, incluidng the elusive but fats ultra-runners of the Harataruma tribe in Mexico. I find it hard to do another ultra-marathon, although I have completed four in two years. I am recuperating well from Sundown Marathon held two Sundays ago.

On Sunday morning, I will race in the Mount Faber Run - it will be my second attempt, and I hope to do better than last year. In the evening, I will judge in a magic competition held by the Singapore Magic Circle. I join two renowned Singaporean professional magicians, Nique Tan and Jeremy Pei.

My television interview has been held back to Episode 2, on 21 July, 9.30pm on Channel U. I will demonstrate two coin tricks and give a short interview in Mandarin. I hope that it turns out well.

No comments: