Friday, May 1, 2009

Foreword

Greetings and salutations!

My name is Enrico. Welcome to my first blog. I am relatively new to this new technology, yet I am certain I will get used to it, eventually. Thanks to Matthew Wong, who teased me into starting my blog - by actively reading his.

I am a consultant by day, and by night, I practise the sport of triathlon, endurance sports, magic and puzzles. I am in the process of completing my first non-fiction book, which was inspired by the many athletes I have known over the last five years. I have been editor and reporter of my magic club's newsletter (which I founded) since 1994, and magic website.

My students will find this as an extension of my teaching, coaching or mentoring. This is a Community of Practice with a diverse profile. It will be holistic in its content, and unique in its approach. I will submit my observations of leadership - both personal and professional - through anecdotes, stories and best practices. You will meet many interesting people, and learn from them. Through time, I hope to compile a living body of tacit wisdom and experience that we may apply. As Isaac Newton said: 'We sit on the shoulders of giants.' And they, on other giants, ad infinitum.

Do give me feedback on what your preferences are. I will endeavour to integrate them into my postings. We can agree to disagree, however do leave sensitive topics offline. Let us keep it healthy, wealthy and wise.

Meanwhile, live well and love Life.

Photo-credit: Pee Kay (Ironman China 2009)

No comments: