Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My New ELITE Bike Arrives Today!

I will be getting my Elite Bicycles Razor Carbon frame set up to my needs this afternoon. Since I like familiarity, I will attempt to get similar components. As one friend described it, it is my 'hybrid triathlon bike'. For the merely curious and pedestrian, pictures of my new carbon stead will be posted this evening. I feel like an expectant father. Meanwhile, I made plans to ride and run tomorrow and Thursday. It won't be a pretty deal: 120K ride/10K run - bricks before the race. Should be fast and furious. Stay tuned!
*****
It was a quiet ride with Eastern Night Riders (ENR), all five of us with two new riders Peter (friend of ENR co-founder Edward Kor) and Andy (new expatriate on the block). I caught up with the rest, eventually, when I arrived to find the car-park deserted. Thankfully, I joined up with Caroline, Ed, Tee, and the two new friends. My new ride was initiated by a trial-by-fire moderate-paced ride of 30K (excluding to/fro time from home - about another 14K). Here she is, in all her splendour. My name and surname is on each side of the front forks, for easy identification during Transition. Handcrafted by David Greenfield of ELITE Bicycles of Philadelphia, USA it was specially painted to my request by Keith Hatton, ELITE's Art Director. Maroon happens to be my company's corporate colours.
There are additional parts not featured yet, like the Edge Composite 1.45 wheel-set. These are similar to the ZIPPS 404s I used before. It arrives tomorrow, so I can ride it out on a 120K route. Well, that's the plan. My body will have to adjust to my new mount, although it has been custom-fitted to my body. Glad to know from bike fitter/director, Daphne Wee (who spent the afternoon tweaking the bike with me) that there was not much variation from my original measurements. Perhaps, my body has learnt new good habits since my first fitting months ago. Looking forward to tomorrow's ride with IMWA participant, Hui Koon. 

No comments: