Monday, November 16, 2009

Reflections & Decisions

I just arrived in New York City. It has been a year since I visited. It is getting colder,about 15 degrees Celcius at about 6.00pm this evening.

It was a hard morning, travelling from Tampa, Florida to NYC. My muscles are stiff and am experiencing mild post-race fatigue. A flight delay due to plane mechanical issues grounded us for an hour. Fortunately, we connected with our next flight and made it on schedule. I enjoyed the drive through the Tunnel from Newark Airport. I have fond memories of New York. I expect to meet old friends and new acquaintances in the next few days. I had my rice-bowl meal at my favourite restaurant, and enjoying two glasses of beers at a sports bar while watching the American football match between Green Bay Packers and San Diego.

It was a good race at the Ironman 70.3 World Championships at Tampa. The Singaporean team did well, including my new friend Joseph Ong, who edged me out; he is 62-years-young, and we featured him a month ago on this blog. My travelling companions, Craig Slattery and Marco Dittrich performed very well despite the changes in swim venue, and strong headwinds. We are recovering, and enjoying our short break. I also had the pleasure of staying with and learning from my friend, Kenneth Tan who did very well at the world championships. I've learnt more about bicycles and triathlon training from him in those three days. Thanks, mate!

I will catch up on my posts shortly; I realise I am behind in my challenge of daily postings (for the next two years). I will have to resume writing my 50,000-word novel, too. I will expect much progress based on a leap of faith - I will accomplish it, rest assured. I am now researching and interviewing my subjects.

I am looking forward to meeting some amazing leaders on Monday evening. I will share my stories with you then.

No comments: