Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Singapore Bay Run/Army Half-Marathon 2013

Sunday, 1 September 2013, runners for the 21km race were flagged off at 5.15am. This year's circuit, that passed through scenic landmarks in Singapore's Bay area, was an anti-clockwise loop that ended at the iconic Padang (F1 Night Race, end-point). I used this race as one of my last two assessments, and to keep myself in competitive shape (for my target sub-4 hour marathon in Kona). I narrowly missed my PB by 5 seconds, but was pleased for my new running gait and ability to hold the same pace since 2011, and while being Ironman-fit. I appreciated meeting many old friends, as well as overtaking a few (who I have been chasing for years). 
 I was one minute behind the start-line when I was flagged off. The podium standings were based on gun-time.
 Flanked by these very good runners (from left: Jeremy, Andrew, and Michael).
Photo-credit: Run Society
Tanjung Beach swim swimmers and fellow triathletes. Photo-credit: Run Society
Flagged off, with race-focused face, and attempting to weave through human traffic. Photo-credit: Run Society
Final results! Earned top-1 percent ranking, with 5 seconds off my best timing in 2011.
Raced on my light, minamalist, On Cloudsurfer shoes.
Homeward-bound. Maintained a 4:29 min/km pace throughout despite a 6-hour indoor ride on Wednesday, and 3-hour run last Sunday.

No comments: