How do you start a business? How do you go about doing this?
I had pondered over this about 15 years ago. Before that, I had no business acumen and savvy, other than running other people’s business as a paid staff. I sold club memberships, advertisement space, and sports equipment. I enjoyed these opportunities for it fostered a confidence for creating business relationships. I learnt earlier on, that commercial enterprises relied on educating others in the process and to be a beacon of optimism and hopefulness.
There are some useful guidelines on how to engage in the process of starting your company. I will elaborate on these more in future.
1) What are you passionate about?
2) Do you think you can turn your passion into a business?
3) What is the market for your expertise?
4) How long do you intent to stay in business?
5) How will your business benefit others? Who will it benefit most?
6) How will you build your credibility in business?
7) Which relationships will you need to establish immediately?
8) Who can you learn from, regarding business and on this type of business?
9) Which success stories can you emulate?
10) Which will be the indicators of your success and what will be your expected timelines?
Leadership Lessons: Lead with your dreams. Your dreams are your visions. Back them up with action.