Monday, January 4, 2016

Ruminations and Reflections

My latest acquisition: Small guy but he packs a wallop with his weapon - his Mind.
Be a Master of my life and events. Achieve and apply excellence in whatever I do.

These are some thoughts and actions for this year. No resolutions - as I don't believe in them. I am goal-orientated, and have found from my experience that these work better than wishful thinking or empty dreaming.

My Boston Marathon training is coming on, purposefully and progressively. I am into my third week, and have been capturing my workouts on Facebook for my friends and students to access. This evening, I ran a half-marathon distance in 1 hour and 49 minutes, 3-4 minute faster than I projected in my last 19km run three days ago. Each workout gives a 'sense', intuitively and scientifically, on how to approach the next. 

After this evening's 21km run.
Analytical thinking has consumed my mind for the past fortnight. I attribute it to my time spent with magicians recently. I have begun performing again for selected audiences, and resumed my study into the Magical Arts (not the dark type, as I am a good Jedi). I have begun dissecting illusions in print or production, and appreciated the thinking and motivation behind the creator. I have also begun practising and rehearsing specific routines for my commercial acts in 2016.

Like theatrical magic, I enjoy movie magic. I enjoyed 'The Force Awakens' and will watch it again on Wednesday. I am intrigued by the script, hidden 'Easter Eggs' and uncredited actors. Did you know Daniel Craig and a leading character from 'Game of Thrones' had bit parts in the new installment? What is more interesting are the various theories of who Rey is. I know that 'Rey' is gleaned from the English actress, Daisy Ridley. Ridley contains 'Rey'. Coincidence - I think not!

More theories abound, and we shall expound on them later. Isn't part of leadership about applying critical thinking, insights, foresights, hindsights and listening to perspectives (without judgement)?

No comments: