Saturday, July 28, 2012

Appreciation Letter from Singapore’s Oldest Marathoner

This letter is from Mr Kor Hong Fatt. I share this with you, to recognize him for his achievement, as well as those who support masters-level athletes.

'Many thanks to Kannan and the Organizing Committee for the Trophy Award! I was the only entrant and finisher in the 3,000m run in the 80-84 category of the 33rd Annual Masters Athletics 2012 with a time of 18:32:39 (subject to race officials' verification).

When the announcer called out my name as a recipient of the Trophy Award, I was extremely surprised. I never would have dreamed of receiving this prize at such an advanced age. It is truly encouraging and it has motivated me to commit more in Track and Field competitive events in the coming years.

This was my first attempt at running in a T&F competitive event and also the very first time in my entire 80 years of life, that I have ever received a trophy. Recently, I had an email interview with the Run Society entitled 'Never Stop Pushing the Limit' which has received an overwhelming response and support from the browsers since it went online on 2nd July 2012 and is still continuously receiving Likes and Comments on Facebook.

I received the highest number of votes of 324 Likes among the interviewers interviewed by the Run Society.

For Your Information, please visit www.runsociety.com and search for "Interviews Category" and scroll down to 'An Interview with Kor Hong Fatt' - You will know why I started running at a relatively age of 71.

Dear Runners and friends, I need continuous Likes and Shares; If you think that I deserve your support, please click on the Like button on my article page. I would be very grateful if you would help me to spread the message to your friends and colleagues for their support. I am Singapore's oldest Boston Marathon finisher at age 79.

Thank You.

Warm Regards,
Kor Hong Fatt'

No comments: