Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Tapering Begins

Yesterday, I swam four laps of the 450-470m long, lagoon at Sentosa with about 20 swimmers. Desmond ably led us through our paces with words of assurance between the swim sets. I enjoyed an easy but very good wetsuit taper swim, keeping the lead with Alethea (preparing for the inaugural Ironman Sweden in mid-August) and Bernard ‘The Shark’ (both very good swimmers). I am stoked about my swim in Lake Zurich as my strokes (and race-pace) are gradually coming into place. I also shared with the group (after the third set) about the use of proper lubricants on wetsuit and tri-suits, as well as observing points of chaffing on their skin.
This is my newly painted and freshly serviced, Elite Custom-made Razor bike. I kept my colour scheme of maroon, while retaining the original colour of carbon. I will be collecting it on Tuesday, and spin on it before I pack her into my bike-case.
In the afternoon, I completed the second part of the sub-maximal stress test wearing compression gear. I went through the entire program (conducted by Wilson and Matthew), and experienced a little heating (in my full-body attire) but RPE was about the same. Robert and I completed our second and last test, while Craig and Desmond did their first. They will complete their second test (with compression gear) on Tuesday evening.
Hooked up, and starting my warm-up for the progressively, fast run.
Dex Tai races his first of three Ironmans today in Austria. World-champion Chrissie Wellington penned some powerful words for him. We wish him the very best in his challenge!

No comments: