Joint pain and joint injury can attack us at any age. The causes of these joint-related malaises can be due to illness, inactivity, over-activity, nutritional deficiencies, and allergies.
The verdict is still out on the usefulness of nutritional supplements (and dermal-based, topical ointments) based on glucosamine and chondroitin. There are people who cannot metabolise these two leading joint supplements due to allergy, gastrointestinal issues, larger size of tablets to swallow, and prolonged use may only reveal results.
How can we enjoy continued joint health? These lifestyle approaches may help us create and retain continued joint mobility and function:
1) Achieve your optimal weight.
2) Exercise (low-impact activities like walking, Tai Chi, and yoga for starters).
3) Eat a higher-quality diet.
4) Maximize your vitamin D level.
5) Integrate Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.
6) Attempt EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) to activate energy points and channels by tapping on one’s body.
I do not have a history of joint injury, and my most serious conditions included sore knees (after long runs, exceeding two hours) and mild plantar fasciitis on my soles). I have found the six interventions recommended above to be useful after eight years of competitive racing in marathons and Ironman triathlons. Learn more from Dr Mercola’s website about nutritional support for your body.