Friday, April 9, 2010

Lessons Learnt from Fellow Bloggers

I have been reading my favourite blogs, of which belong to friends in the triathlon and teaching community. I draw sustenance from the insights, observations and opinions of these heartfelt writers - they write with both their heart and head. The more these writers write, the more I can identify their styles and notice their improvements. Writing communicates one's influence on a different level than speaking or dialogue.

Hui Koon went for a bike fit last night and he described his lessons learnt from a 6-hour session. There are many points I agree with, as I underwent just as comprehensive and personalised a session last week. I, too, discovered my weaknesses and how to strengthen them. The good news is that these deficiencies are correctable, yet it will take dedicated practice, training and physical adjustments to restore balance to my body. We should take care of our body in order for it to perform to its best. We need to unlearn bad habits and train our bodies to functional naturally and symmetrically. Re-education can be a splendid and spectacular journey.

Matthew urged us not to swim in the lagoon yet as the jellyfish community was in full bloom. His ordeal of being badly stung by the invisible invertebrates has received concern from our small but tightly knit tribe. Tribal members look out for the well-being of each other; this led many to share their experiences and remedies on the popular forums. He maintains his positive spirit, despite a arduous working schedule. Well done, mate! I enjoyed his recent piece on high technology equipment and margin of improvements.

Note to writers: Be true to yourself. Respect your writing. Keep typing and scribing.

Note to self: Keep doing the core exercises regularly. Activate my glutes. Focus on proprioception. Keep my feet flat when pedaling.

No comments: