Sunday, August 2, 2009

Eight Days A Week

It has been eight days since I made any posting. I discovered that, from where I was, many key websites were blocked, including this blog. As frustrating as it was, I decided to make handwritten notes on my trusty, spiral-bounded notebook. Once I make sense of the gobblydook called 'my handwriting', I will submit my postings on leadership moments.

I met many world champions of magic at FISM, the triennial 'Olympics of magic' in Beijing, PRC. I experienced 'real magic' by several masters of this branch of performing arts. I was, specifically, blown away by Spanish card-magic master, Juan Tamariz who mesmerised and captivated audiences with his interpretation of card magic. I am excited all over again, even as a magician, for the knowledge of secrets have made me, significantly, jaded over the years. I am excited by Tamariz's performance, and how he presents magic. His five points of magic has affected how I think and will apply my performance of the art of magic. I will also apply his recommendations and philosophy in my work as a speaker and facilitator. Essentially, his five points focus on: eyes, voice, hands, body and feet. Mindsets can shift when we apply any of these five points of communication in our presentations, meetings, counseling or coaching sessions, and even performance appraisal interviews.

I also had insightful conversations with entrepreneurs, businesspeople, and world-class performers. Each of them is a leader in their own area of expertise. I can't wait to share my learning with you. Stay tuned!


No comments: