Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Some People Just Love to Ask the ‘No-No’ Questions

This is a compilation of questions and statements I have been asked over the years; some are almost anathema for the inappropriateness. Perhaps these were asked due to negligence, ignorance and insensitivity. In positive psychology, it is touted that ‘behind every behavior is a good intention’. Well, intentions may be good, but the execution is poor. In a world possessed by ‘political-correctness’, what we say does matter – and even more to another.

Here are some questions to stir the teapot, so to speak.

1)    How much do you earn?
2)    Is your business profitable?
3)    How is it you can go on vacation regularly?
4)    Don’t you work?
5)    Life is good, yes?
6)    You have a good life.
7)    You are lucky.

I love to travel, and traveling is one of my main motivations to work. Luck? I am crap at the crap tables. I don’t do well at bets. Luck is not scientific. Bushels of hard work got me to this point in my life. Story of my life.

No comments: