Thursday, September 11, 2014

Update on Endurance Challenges

To wit, since early-August I completed Ironman 70.3 Philippines on Cebu Island. I scrapped through just under six hours with a nutritional malfunction. My lost bottle of fuel led me to digging deep, and learning abject lessons in the process.
I did reasonably well for the Army Half-Marathon/Singapore Bay Run. I was off my personal best by four minutes, yet considering my off-season/running-averse program I arrived within the top-1 percent. I learnt that to do a better BQ timing (for Boston Marathon 2016), and be near the 3-hour mark, I would need to consider an intensive (but still mileage-light) approach, with more strength and speed work.

Having skipped last weekend's Olympic Distance triathlon, due to illness, I may do the Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 10km (Competitive). I am curious to see what is left in my tank after a period of forced rest.
Good news is that my major sponsor came through for me, and I have received generous support for Ironman Lanzarote 2015. I have also signed up for my first triathlon in Phuket, Thailand. I look forward to this race, and my new race attire. I wear my sponsors colours with pride and purpose. I am grateful for synergistic collaborations and partnerships.

No comments: