Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tanjung Beach Swim Biathlon Sprint 2013

(Saturday, 8.15am, Tanjung Beach, Sentosa Island, Singapore). Yesterday, about 50 participants of the fortnightly, open-water swim group (of TriFam or Triathlon Family) raced in our second, annual biathlon sprint. We had a good mix of experienced and fairly new endurance athletes racing. This year, we had more sponsorship, thanks in large part to the organsing-team from team Swim, Bike, Run Singapore. Incidentally, On Shoes is one of my sponsors for my Ironman race in Kona.
Pre-race preamble and preparation.
It has been a while since I was body-marked. (Ignore my Zoolander pout).
I enjoyed the race as it was my first, and the previous year I was a volunteer marshall. It felt good to be on the other side of the fence. It was a good confidence-booster for me, that I could swim at Ironman race-pace and still do a fast run. Overall, we had fun and had loads of photographs to choose from. 
(From left to right: Kona finisher 2012, Clifford Lee; me (to complete); Kona-finisher in 1990's, Davy Koh. 
Pre-Race Group Photograph/Race-Briefing.
 Before the swim (random coloured caps).
Final sprint to the end-point, and an overall finish in the top-30 percent range (13th position).
 Third-fastest in my grouping, behind more youthful runners.
The best part! Lunch and the company of volunteers, officials and participants.

No comments: