Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Morpheus Dream

Here is the first MTV video I appeared in; even playwrights must get outside of their heads to get ideas. I was a stunt-player for the outdoor scene: It’s just me in my denim blue jeans, a huge load of sand, and duct-tape. I had a challenging time in my private sandlot, visionless and wrestling with the elements. Method acting? Well, when your friends ask you to help fulfill their dream, you can’t say no; plus, it was the director’s vision. My lack of vision and her film vision – what an oxymoron! Well, I always believed to never deny somebody a shot at his/her dream. Even Apollo Creed offered Rocky Balboa a, once-in-a-lifetime, shot at the big title.

Here is the YouTube link of the Singaporean band, Morpheus Dream. These guys love music, play their instruments well, and their songs have interesting lyrics. This video, Silence was taken off their self-titled album (2000). It was directed by the talented, Karen Chai.

VIDEO OF 'SILENCE' BY MORPHEUS DREAM (2000)

I enjoyed the rolling credits (literally) as actor, as well as the resident psychologist. It was all in the CD sleeve. I hope you will enjoy it.

No comments: