Saturday, October 31, 2009

Unleashing Writer’s Blog





The Singapore Writers Festival (SWF) is on from 24 October-1 November 2009. You have two more days to stir the muse from the cobwebs of your mind.

The SWF is Singapore’s only national literary festival, and one of Singapore’s major literary events. To date, it remains one of the few literary festivals in Asia that is multi-lingual, focusing on four languages - English, Malay, Chinese and Tamil.

The vision of SWF is: A city where writing empowers and transforms lives.

Central to the SWF is the belief that the literary arts, is one of Singapore’s major cultural expressions, and one that contributes to the collective identity of Singaporeans.

Attend a few such events and you may be inspired to start writing. The calendar of events, for the next two days is found here.

In response to my query to my friend, Rudy Zung I just signed up for a 30-day challenge call NaNoWriMo, short for National Novel Writing Month. In 30 days, I will join thousands (including a few hundred from Singapore) around the world to write my first raw novel. The expected delivered product – warts and all – is 50,000 words. The emphasis is on quantity, not quality. Well, editing begins in December.

Do me a favour. Beginning 1 November, drop me an e-mail or comment to give me the proverbial kick in my posterior, in case I do procrastinate. Thanks, readers!

No comments: