Friday, September 11, 2015

Osteoporosis And The Athlete


Remember the film ‘Unbreakable’, where Elijah Price/Mr Glass keeps breaking his bones? What a horrid way to live!

1 in 2 women, and 1 in 4 men over-50 years will experience a bone fracture because of osteoporosis. With such scary statistics, and in the light of deficiency from foods, we will need to deliberately reduce such a situation.
The infographic illustrates the urgency of keeping ourselves healthy and active, to reduce the occurrence of this debilitating condition. Invasive surgery such as hip and knee replacements, are not long-term solutions as these mechanical parts, too, need to be replaced through constant use.

As an active athlete, experiencing wear-and-tear, of the body is a major concern. Our bones are our endoskeleton, supporting the amazing muscles and connective tissues that keep us 'in' place. When bones heal, they become naturally stronger. However, osteoporosis can hamper normal recovery and cause us to be structurally unstable. A weak skeleton and musculature can encourage the onset of injury, which is unhealthy and unpleasant.

With the collaboration of the American Recall Centre, more preventive advice will follow soon. Meanwhile, stay physically-active (walking), get off the chair regularly, eat bone-enhancing foods, and spend some time in the sunlight.

1 comment:

Alyssa Jayden said...

I am happy as Dr. Lance sensitive treatment of Osteoporosis using herbal medications touched me deeply.
I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis, my medical condition was heart broken. The first thing I did was get myself informed. I was subjected to different medications, by my doctors for treatment without the assurance of having a permanent cure. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better, I took Fosamax 70 mg once weekly for nine months until I could no longer endure the side effects. I’ve made many lifelong friends when I was looking for a natural cure for my ailment. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. I read a testimony of a lady just like mine and the good news was that after using herbal medicine she was cured. She shared an e-mail address about the Doctor who treated her using Herbal Medication without complications. I was lucky to have access to Herbal Medicine, and have a pretty normal life now. I am 64years Sure, it has been challenging, and there have been many ups and downs, if you're having Osteoporosis this is not the end of the world don't ever lose hope. I want to tell you that you need to learn to love yourself just the way you are- you are a special person that deserves love. Never never never give up!!!! Contact him on lancejustin54@gmail.com for more info.